Studies suggest that marriage and long-term relationships are good for your heart*, and the stronger your bond, the greater the benefits to your heart:
- Married people have lower rates of heart disease than their unmarried peers
- The stronger your relationship with your spouse/partner, the bigger the boost to your heart health.
Now that we’ve shared a few statistics about romantic relationships, we’d like to share some personal anecdotes from Firefly folk about “loving the one you’re with.”
Now it’s your turn. What keeps your marriage/partnership strong?
*The American Academy of Cardiology’s website contains the references for this blog.
Information and resources about working on relationships:
- University of Minnesota: Work on Communication for Healthy Relationships
- Psychology Today: 7 Keys to a Healthy, Happy Relationship
- American Psychological Association: Psychology Help Center